Faculty - Course Materials Information
This page is dedicated to the members of the McGill Community that are teaching a class and need to order course materials.
LE JAMES uses Verba (a requisition management system) to contact and guide you through the course materials ordering process. If you have been assigned to teach a class, you should have received an email from us prompting you to register as an instructor.
If you did not receive this email, you can do one of the following:
- Click here to open a new window and set yourself up as the instructor of a particular course (you will need to use your @mcgill.ca or @mail.mcgill.ca email address).
- Contact the Course Materials Department and we will be happy to do this for you.
PLEASE NOTE: We highly recommend you to request your textbooks at least 8 weeks prior to the beginning of your class to make sure it is available on time.
For more information regarding this service, please contact our Course Materials Department.
Our Coursepacks Team offers the following services to Professors:
- Create quality coursepack publications to support the teaching and research objectives of the University.
- Provide a custom publishing process whereby Professors can create their own personalized, spiral-bound coursepack using a variety of sources (e.g. specific chapters of books, journal articles, lecture notes, past exams).
- Obtain specific copyright permission for materials produced that are covered by the McGill/Copibec and McGill/HBSP agreements and fulfil the University’s responsibilities for agreements relating to the reproduction and distribution of copyrighted materials to protect the University against charges of copyright infringement.
- Manage the coursepack preparation and printing processes to ensure the timely delivery of materials to students and course instructors.
PLEASE NOTE: We highly recommend you to request your coursepack at least 8 weeks prior to the beginning of your class to make sure it is ready on time.
For more information regarding this service, please contact our Coursepacks Team.